There are some interesting things in the amended NEW Valuers, Appraisers, Estate Agents and Property Managers Act, 1981 (amended 2017).
5 key points are:
1. Better definition of EAP as inside the Section, not just under Interpretation (S.2)
2. EAP includes tenancy administration (rental collection, payment of outgoings, arrangement for minor repairs)
3. Not allowing “Consultant” be used by others in EAP
4. Negotiator has a firm position to assist the REA
5. Foreigners are now allowed registration if qualified
Tomorrow will be on Property Managers.